Established in 1943, the company began modestly as Precision Gasket & Sheet Metal Company in Chicago, IL. The product line consisted of teletype machine casings for the war effort, hot plates, pipe gaskets, and steel die. In 1946, the company acquired another Chicago-based manufacturer, Quincy Metal Products, which manufactured toolboxes and other small sheet metal items. In 1950, the company then merged with Homes Metal Products, located in a larger facility in downtown Woodstock, IL, prompting the owners to move headquarters to this larger location. Homes Metal Products manufactured industrial and commercial shelving and bed frames. In 1959, the owners joined forces with an industrial oven salesman and together they formed the Quincy Oven Company.
In early 1965, that oven group, now known as Precision Quincy Corporation, began gaining a reputation for manufacturing a variety of other products. Known mainly for sheet metal fabrication, Precision Quincy Corp. evolved into a custom manufacturer of industrial ovens and washers. They later expanded their product line to include:
- Metal storage buildings
- Modular assemblies
- Metal and aluminum shelters for railroad, utility, and telecommunication applications
- Generator enclosures
In 2013, Precision Quincy Corporation sold the assets of the shelter business to The Armor Group, Inc. The company name was changed to Precision Quincy Industries and the company continues to expand its market, focusing on two main product lines; metal Shelters for the rail-transit, telecommunication, utility/industrial, and Genset enclosures for the prime and stand-by generator power markets.